While we are on the topic of spa baths we thought we’d share our top tips for making bath time easier with your pooch.
1. Choose the right shampoo – never use human shampoo (even baby shampoo) as it’s the wrong pH for your pooch. If your dog is itchy, oily or has sensitive skin, we can recommend the most suitable shampoo for your dog.
2. Pop some cotton wool in your dog’s ears to prevent any water sneaking into the canal – don’t forget to take it out after you’ve finished.
3. Provide a non slip surface – put a towel on the bottom of the bath, or a non slip mat to help your dog feel more secure and prevent slipping.
4. Place a towel over your dog to prevent water going everywhere when the inevitable shake occurs.
5. Jam some steel wool in the plug hole to catch the wet fur and make cleaning up easier.
If you need any more information about bathing your dog you can always ask us for the most up to date advice. We’ll even make sure your dog is clean enough to sleep in your bed!