Flies are proving to be a real problem this summer. Populations are at an all time high and these annoying insects can really bother you and your pet. Some fly species will actually bite around your pet’s ears and nose causing painful and infected sores.
Here are some things you can do at home to help your pet:
1. Ask us about the very effective topical treatments available to help repel flies and prevent fly bites
2. Clean up your backyard (dog faeces, rubbish) to prevent flies being attracted to the smells
3. Don’t leave pet food or dog bones out – they will attract flies
4. Make sure your pet has a place to escape the flies such as a kennel or a cool room
5. Remove any dried blood from fly bites as the blood will simply attract more flies.
Phone us for more information on protecting your pet from all pesky parasites this summer. We are the best people to give you advice on the most effective products available for your pet.